Saturday, December 13, 2014

Kings v. Rockets 12.11.14

Tonight was the night of the 'Storm of the Decade'. I was actually a bit scared to come out for this game... but here in Sacramento conditions didn't turn out to be too bad. The Bay Area was hit with quite a bit of flooding, but thankfully us here in the valley had things a bit smoother.

It was great to have Sasha and her friend Maika at this game. You guys know Sasha is a die hard Kings fan already, but so is Maika. I love meeting new Kings fans, they're the best and the first reason why I am too am a Kings fan.

Many of the Kings were wearing the 'I Can't Breathe' shirt during warm-ups. These shirts spoke of the current civil unrest going on in the country. The players want to let everyone know where they stand on the issue.

Both Omri and the Big Cuz were out for this game. They sat to my right behind the Kings bench. On a positive note, DeMarcus looked a lot healthier than I had seen him before, so I hope his return is imminent.

The Kings got off to a very good start in this game against the Rockets. They were able to maintain a double-digit lead for much of the game. 

Things weren't always on this cheery. At one point in the game Rudy Gay became angry at a Rockets player and they nearly had a go at it. Thankfully, things calmed down pretty quickly.

In the end, the Rockets were able to overcome and won in overtime. It was a really difficult loss because the Kings had the lead for just about the entire game. A game like this shows that the Kings are still growing!

After the game I was able to say hi to my former boss - she's the one in the purple jersey. She hired me 10 years ago, and she's the best boss I'd ever had. It was great to see her at the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment