Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Kings v. Raptors 12.02.14

Today was an especially exciting game for me because I was accompanied by my wife Jenn. She only comes to a few games a season, so it's extra special when she's there. Basketball is not her favorite sport (it's actually hockey), but she can keep up, follow along, and she does know most of the players on the team as well!

I haven't stopped by the Kings Team Store much this year. It was definitely fun to go inside and see all the stuff they had on sale. I was surprised at all the new items that were in stock. There were some things I really wanted to get.

And yes, Christmas is most definitely coming. The Kings had Santa hats as well as purple stockings for sale. I was really tempted to go for a Kings stocking, but held back. A couple weeks ago the Kings offered an ugly sweater for sale - it sold out super fast. Hmm.. maybe I should have gotten one.

It's pretty cool when Canadian teams come to the US to play. When that happens both the US national anthem and the Canadian one are sung. I actually really like the Canadian anthem. Tonight Ariana of the SKD had the honor of singing it. She did a brilliant job. I had no idea she had those kind of pipes!

Tonight's theme was Bollywood, and the SKD were ready for action. Their performance was Indian inspired. This game was televised live to India, I hope everyone over there enjoyed the routine!

Other than the SKD, other Indian groups came out to perform at various times during the game. All the performances were different, but each one was great fun to watch. I'm not that familiar with Indian culture, but whenever I am exposed to it I find it fascinating. It's awesome to immersed in it.

The Kings Drum Corps also made an appearance tonight on the court. They brought their brass instruments along with their drums. It was quite a show as the Corps took up nearly the entire court. It reminded me a bit of a drum corps you might see during a college game.

Tonight the Kings faced a very good Toronto Raptors team. The Raptors are one of the best teams in the league, and we were without DeMarcus Cousins again. It would be a difficult time for the Kings tonight.

The Kings fought hard and had some truly spectacular moments, but in the end the Raptors pulled away. It's sad to see the Kings lose again, but with DeMarcus being out, I can't fault the Kings too much - some players really stepped up and give it their all tonight. And that was good to see.

The next game for the Kings will be on Friday night against the Pacers. The schedule gets a little lighter from then on so hopefully the Kings can pick up some wins. Currently they are at 9-9, which is not bad for a team with the low early season expectations. The Kings are certainly a surprise team this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment