Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ray McCallum Signing in El Dorado Hills, Ca 11.30.13

Drove all the way out to El Dorado Hills for the Ray McCallum signing today. It was pretty far out there, even farther than when I saw Ben McLemore in Folsom earlier this week. Ray McCallum is a rookie this year for the Kings, and hasn't gotten to play in the regular season yet. There are just too many players at his position on the team. He went to the D-League for some seasoning and played very well. I know he'd be fit into the NBA given the chance! Unlike the McLemore signing, there weren't as many people here tonight. That was ok with me! I got to get my autograph sooner and talk to him a little bit (and other Kings staff) as well.

Slamson was here in El Dorado Hills too! That was a surprise! Before the Kings Store signing, McCallum did a signing for kids who had a stocking. So it made sense that Slamson would be there. He was interacting with all the youngsters in line waiting for an autograph. By the way... El Dorado Hills is a really nice area! The town center was very nice, I wouldn't mind living here!

Here's a close-up of Ray signing for the kids. It was awesome as he was very cordial and friendly to all the folks who came out. A lot of young Kings fans got a very nice present this year from Ray!

Ray took the time to take photos with everyone. The kids seemed to love the opportunity to get a photo with a professional athlete. These kids will show their friends and make them jealous! Well... that's what I would have done if I were their age!

Here's me and Ray! So Ray took the time to take a photo with a big kid too! I actually took a few shots with Ray as the first few came out blurry. Since there wasn't as many people at this signing we had time to do that. I really want to thank Katie (Instagram: soybeanannie) for taking this photo for me. Katie runs the community events and signings and stuff. The ones I have gone to have been great! Props to her, she does a great job! Give her a raise!

Here's the photo I got signed. Ray has a really sweet looking signature... and he personalized it to me! Yay! I think Ray liked this photo I took as it was original and one that he has not seen before. Notice the guy with the black shirt facing backwards. He was at the signing too! I guess he runs security. Ray pointed him out to me and they had a chuckle over it. Ray was really cool to meet today. It's too bad more fans didn't come out to this signing. I think Ray has a bright future ahead of him... and a lot of Kings fans will regret not coming out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment