Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kings v. Warriors 12.1.13

Today's tilt versus the Golden State Warriors was an early afternoon affair. I got to the arena at about 2PM for this game. I really do like these early starts as it leaves the night free to do other things! 

Here I am with my friend Arnold at the game. Notice I'm sporting my new Kings retro track jacket that I got at the Ben McLemore signing in Folsom. Arnold is wearing the shirt he got at the home opener 'Purple Out'. Arnold is from the Bay Area (as I am... sort of... long story), and he was telling me he had a yellow Warriors shirt he got when he saw them at Oracle. Good choice on going with Kings purple today, buddy. Don't worry guys... Arnold is going hardcore into the Kings, none of this Warriors BS!

Fans got these 'nose-makers' once again at the doors. We've gotten these things before... I actually don't think they make too much noise. Most people at the arena can yell and scream much louder than the sound these things can make. I like the graphics on it though, very nicely done... makes me not want to fold it up.

OH WELL... might as well use it for its intended purpose, right? Here's me looking like a goof making sounds with my noisemaker.

The Warriors are a very good team, and are projected to make a deep run in the playoffs. Here they are as they entered the court. I lived in the Bay Area for a few years, and I enjoy many of the Bay Area teams still... like the Giants, Sharks, and 49ers. But since I'm now in Sacramento, when it comes to basketball, it's all about Sacramento. There is no way I'm having any affiliation with the Warriors!

You know what? There were waaaaay too many Warriors fans in the building this afternoon. Everywhere I looked there were Golden State colors. To be honest, I was getting annoyed at them. A couple were sitting behind me, and they were cheering for their team. I can't begrudge someone for being loyal to their team, but I don't have to like it!

Right after the Warriors were introduced all the lights went out. At first I thought it was part of the dimming of the lights before the Kings were introduced, but that wasn't the case. It took a while to get power back. The players had gotten cold so they were giving a few minutes to warm back up before starting the game. Sacramento fans were very cool about it when the lights when out. I heard several chants of 'Sac-ra-men-to' break out during the outage.

Power was slowly restored, but not before I got this crazy shot of the scoreboard. Looks like the numbers went haywire a bit. When the lights turned back on, all the Kings' players introductions were skipped and we got right to basketball.

Much of the first period was played without any music or PA announcements. It was actually very cool to be a part of. All you were able to hear were the whistles and fans cheering and chanting. Of course, there were pieces of information missing that you could have only gotten with power to the sound system, but for these brief minutes at the beginning of the game, it felt like old school basketball.

Half-time entertainment today showed off some ultimate frisbee players. These past few years I have really gotten to enjoy playing ultimate frisbee. We usually play ultimate frisbee on a big grass field, but these guys did a demo of the game at center court. It was a bit small, but I thought it was neat to see some ultimate frisbee being showcased.

The SKD were once again in full effect tonight. They definitely heated up the court. In the end, though, the Kings lost a very close game to the Warriors. I usually don't mind the team losing just because I realize our team is in big-time rebuilding mode... but it would have been nice to get this win with all those Warrior fans in attendance. Arg! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment