Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Photo Op at Sleeptrain 12.17.13

Tonight Cap City Kingdom (Season ticket holders) got an invitation to come to the arena for an on the court photo op. It's been a while since the last season ticket event, so I jumped at the chance to get in on it. I arrived to find complimentary hot cocoa! It was cold outside so the cocoa was a welcome sight. The Kings provided marshmallows and whipped cream to go along with the cocoa. I cannot tell a lie - I used A LOT OF WHIPPED CREAM.

After getting my cocoa I went into the near empty arena. It was quite a site to see all the seats empty. It's just a huge open space, and the openness is magnified more when nobody is there. I walked down the stairs and was greeted by my new ticket rep Derrick. It was cool to meet him and put a face to a name. I guess recently many ticket accounts had been switched around to make the load more even.

This camera man was the same one they used at the Winter Wonderland. I didn't recognize him, but he recognized me! Season ticket holders got to choose who they wanted to take a photo with. I just made it easy by asking everyone to take a photo with me - the SKD, Slamson, and the Kings Elf who has been running around the arena this past month.

After my photo I went to exit the floor. I was greeted by a completely deserted hallway. Hah, it was a little creepy. I made my way to the Kings store where they were giving Cap City Kingdom members 20% off. I almost bought another scarf, this time a retro one, but I held out. I'm probably going to end up getting it down the line.

Here's the photo I got from the photo shoot. Again, the photo was printed right then and there for easy pick-up. This will make a great keepsake! If I were one to send out Christmas cards, I actually might have used this. Thanks Kings for these nice little events for us to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment