Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kings v. Jazz 12.11.13

I went to tonight's game versus the Jazz with my friend Richard. I actually put this game up for auction at my church's fund raising event for the Philippines and he won it! I personally think he got a great deal for these tickets... I just wished the game could have been a better one. Things started off well enough though! The Kings were filming their pre-game show right outside our section again tonight. Here's a photo of us with one of the people who put the night together and make it run smoothly.

Hey look! It's Katie from the Kings Community events! The Kings have been doing a lot of giving back activities recently, so she was featured in the pre-game show. The framed document that Scott Fresh is holding is our indoor noise setting record from the Guinness Book of Records. Why would he bring that out this game? Well, it turns out that the New Orleans Saints tried to break the record a few days ago. They couldn't beat us. Oh yea, We still hold the record!

I bring photos to the game in hopes of getting them signed. Since I've been able to get photos with some of the Kings' personalities, I've been really wanting to get them autographed... and hopefully personalized. Since I saw Scott Fresh before the game, I went and got him to sign this photo I took with him at the Dome Printing.

A choral group sang the national anthem tonight. They did a nice job, but I just really wanted to point out the really cool girl in the front row with the blue hair. She really stood out! I'm not sure vocally, but that hair is stunning.

Here are the Jazz being introduced. They look pretty hyped and happy here. Well, I'm sure they got progressively happier as the game went on. Though the Jazz are near the bottom of the conference like the Kings, they seemed like world beaters in this game. Every time they put a shot it seemingly went in. Their field goal percentage was around 60% for much of the game.

As good as the Jazz were, the Kings were the opposite. The shots just weren't going in for the Kings. It started early and continued throughout the game. Some of the shots they took looked good, but they ended up coming back out. 

It got pretty frustrating for the Kings. I was surprised at the total lack of energy in this game from the team. They had two very nice wins, but to have that little streak end like this was disappointing. I wonder if it would have been better if we had our new acquisitions play in this game. Grievous Vasquez did not make it in a timely enough fashion to Toronto so his physical was held up. Because of this, the guys we traded for were not able to play tonight.

The bright spot in the game had to be the SKD. They continued to bring energy and excitement to the crowd. The next home game will be this coming Sunday versus the Rockets. I hope we play a better game that day, and hopefully our new guys will shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment