Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kings v. Hawks 11.5.13

My fellow season ticket holder couldn't go to the game tonight so he gave the ticket to our mutual friend Larry! This was his first King's game. Larry really enjoys basketball, and I would call him a student of the game. I'm glad we could check out this game versus the Hawks tonight!

Here's the tip off from my seat. It looks like the arena is pretty empty, but a lot of fans were late to this game. I was actually surprised at the amount of fans there tonight. A Tuesday game with a team from the Eastern Conference probably isn't the type of game people flock to. Nice job to the Kings fans for showing up in good numbers tonight.

Yay! I get to go in the exclusive Cap City Kingdom food line. I'm not sure if I saved any time by being in this line though. The reason this particular line went faster today was because three of the four people in front of my just got bottled water! I ended up getting pizza and fries. I'm really getting to like those fries.

We ended up showing up on the big jumbotron tonight! How you ask? Well, The Kings said to take a photo on Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #foreverpurple. Pictures with that hashtag would be randomly selected to appear on the screen tonight! So here we are! By the way, notice that the giant screen used for the first two games has now been removed.

Even though the Kings were down by almost 20 points tonight, the fans supported the team and cheered hard. The Kings had a chance to force overtime with a three on the last possession of the game but came up short. The Kings' play wasn't the best tonight (by a long shot), but I'm glad they at least made a game out of it by the end.

This was a really cool surprise! Vivek (the owner of the Kings) walked up our aisle today as he was going around the arena. I didn't get a chance to say 'hi' or anything... but at least I got this quick photo of him as he passed by. I tried calling his name, but he didn't hear me. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment