Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Kings v. Suns 11.19.13

My fellow season ticket holders couldn't make it tonight so I brought Calvin along with me to the game! I actually took Calvin to a pre-season game already this year... and actually it was against the Suns, so this will be the second time he's seen them. Phoenix has been a surprise team this year. They looked to be one of the worst teams in the league, but they have been anything but in this early season. (I realized that though I was wearing a King's jersey tonight, I actually had on a Phoenix Sun's color scheme... WHOOPS!)

Here's the tip! The Kings got off to a very good start, and built a sizable lead. Would they be able to keep up the scorching pace? Well... of course not! The Kings cooled considerably as the game went on. The Suns began to dominate and I was thinking this was going to be another one of 'those' games.

Jimmer got into the game tonight! Now that was a total surprise! This is only the second game Jimmer has been in this season. He definitely looked a bit rusty tonight, but you can't blame him really as he just hasn't had any court time. Jimmer's a polarizing player - some fans really want him to get more playing time while others don't want him to have any at all. As for me, I'd like to see Jimmer at least get a shot. He did well during the pre-season so I believe he has earned the right to play. Marcus Thornton was nowhere to be seen tonight. Did anyone else notice that?

Last year 'THUNDER SWORDS' rained from the skies for fans to distract opposing players as they shot free throws. Since the change of ownership I have not seen a single plastic thunder sword drop from the ceiling. Ushers have begun passing out these nice purple and white balloons though! Do these things really distract NBA players? I have my doubts, but it sure looks cool as they wave around!

During one of the Sacrament Kings Dancer performances confetti was released from the rafters. I think this is the first time I have personally seen the SKD add more to their dance routine other than what they did on the court. It was a very nice addition to the show, and I hope they add even more fun extras like this in the future.

Speaking of SKD, here's Mary brining up some free pizza to a few lucky fans. I don't think I'll ever get a free anything as I sit at the top of the lower bowl. Usually the dancers don't make it all the way up to where I am at. So my chances of getting little Kings balls and t-shirts are slim to none.

I liked this shot I got at the game tonight. One of the fans at the game was taking a lot of video on his phone. I was able to get a little peek at what he was filming on my camera. No, I'm not a stalker or a creeper!

This little fan got one of those $5 foam fingers that I got last game! He's wearing it as a hat... not a bad idea, really. I left my foam finger in the car, but I probably won't be brining it back to any games. It'll be a nice decoration for my office at home. I love adding more and more Kings swag to my personal space whenever I can.

Though the Kings looked like they had dug a hole too hard to come out of... they didn't! The Kings came back to win the game tonight! Yay! Win number three on the year! As the Kings came back with solid defensive and offensive efforts, the crowd responded. Here's Slamson encouraging everyone to get noisy, but really, the Kings fans were already doing that! The Kings really do have the best fans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment