Saturday, November 9, 2013

Kings v. Blazers 11.9.13

Tonight the Kings played the Portland Trailblazers. This was definitely a bittersweet moment for me because I grew up in Portland, and the Blazers were MY team. That was back in the glory days with Clyde 'The Glide' Drexler, Buck Williams, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, and the like. One of my fondest childhood memories was when my mom took me to see a Blazer game at the old Memorial Coliseum. That was a long time ago, and I don't know this Blazer team at all. It's all about the Kings!

The night started with a nice rendition of the National Anthem by a young children's choir. They did a good job, and the kids received a nice round of applause as they finished. Actually, there were lots of youth in the arena tonight. Besides the children's choir, high school cheerleaders performed for the halftime entertainment.

This is the sight I saw when I looked to my left. Wow! Crazy how there are just about three completely empty rows. I think these corner seats are reserved for special group pricing and offers. So maybe the promotions that went on for these seats didn't sell out. I remember sitting in this section when I bought discounted tickets through my school/workplace last year.

Fan favorite Jimmer Fredette made his very first appearance of the regular season tonight. He provided some energy and spark to the team. Tonight was yet another poor performance by the team, and now the Kings have lost five games in a row. It's very frustrating to see the team do so poorly on the court! The Kings have a great upper management, awesome relationships with the fans... and amazing supportive fans!!! It's just sad to see the actual team do so badly. I didn't think they'd be this terrible starting off the season. Good thing they got that opening night win... but since then it's been a struggle.

The best moment of the night had to be this guy who had the opportunity to win a free car if he could hit a half court shot in one try. He was interviewed before the shot, and we came to find out he's a basketball coach! Expectations were high and he was pretty confident. Well, as you can tell from the photo, his half court shot was a swish. The crowd went nuts! Amazing moment for that guy, for sure! I saw him a little later walking back to his set... he was in the next section over! Everyone was giving him high-fives.

So tonight wasn't so good. I'm left wondering when the Kings will win another game. Brooklyn is coming up on Wednesday, and that's not an easy team to play. Coach Malone has indicated that the starting line-ups will probably be different when the Kings play again. I'll be very interested to see what he ultimately decides to do about the rotation of players. This season will be a good test of how patient we all can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment