Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ben McLemore Signing in Folsom, Ca 11.27.13

Today Kings rookie Ben McLemore was scheduled to do a signing at the Kings Store in Folsom, Ca. Folsom is pretty far out there for me, about a 50 minute drive, but hey... I'll make the trek! Thankfully, I'm off this week from work due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I would have made it out there regardless, but not having to go into work today definitely made things easier. I spent the morning printing out some of the photos I had of McLemore at Target. The 8x10 photos turned out pretty good!

In order to get an autograph you have to spend at least $35 at the Kings Store. They didn't have anything like that last year. I wonder if they will make this a 'thing' this year. I'd rather not have to spend $35 each time out for an autograph, but I'll still do it. It's definitely a smart thing to do on their part, as this will generate a lot of sales whenever an event like this happens! I ended up getting this retro Kings track jacket. I've wanted it since the beginning of the season, now was an opportune time to get it. I also had a 20% off coupon from my Kings app that I used. Score!

I was one of the very first people to get to the store. Me and about five or six other people were there two hours before there was even a line. As  you can see, the line got a lot longer. It was cool waiting though, I was able to chat with the people around me. I even found out that one of the people just behind me works across the street from where I do! Talk about coincidence! One of the things I was afraid of was being bored in line getting there so early. I'm thankful for the early birds today being so cool.

Here's McLemore as he comes into the store for the signing. He was very chill as he came in. I wonder how players feel about doing these signings. I bet it's a chore for some of them. I would love to do a signing if I were a player! I guess I just like the attention! McLemore was very low key and didn't say much when he signed my stuff. That's ok though, I know there were many people waiting, and I'm sure the Kings wanted the line to just move as fast as possible.

The one girl in front of me (black jacket) was super excited to see McLemore. She even gave him a note! I wonder what it said... ahaha... I'm too nosy! The blond woman in from is someone I've seen at many of the Kings signings. She seems very nice, and does a good job at making sure everything goes smoothly. Props to her for doing a great job!

So the signing took just a few seconds, but I was happy with what I got autographed. I chose the photo that I took when I was lucky enough to sit behind Mayor Kevin Johnson at the game versus the Clippers. I gave McLemore a gold sharpie to use, and I think it looks really nice. I'm very stoked to get this first autograph of Ben's. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Here's the photograph and signature up-close. Ben's autograph is pretty nice. I love the curves and the way it flares out at the end. Some athlete's autographs are horrible these days. Well, I'm glad to see that doesn't apply to McLemore's. The next Kings game will be on Friday after Thanksgiving. Can't wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment