Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kings v. Timberwolves 3.1.14

Here's the entrance to our section, 122. I really like these entrances into the main arena. When you're a fan going to the game for the first time, it's pretty incredible to get a glimpse into the arena's bowl when looking through these openings.

DeMarcus Cousins returns to the Kings after a one-game suspension. The Big Cuz has been having a difficult time on the court recently, and it's been the talk of the town when I listen to local Sports radio. Tough times or not, DeMarcus needs to reign in his fiery passion for the game so that he can stay on the court. He is the most important player for the Kings.

The Timberwolves were in town, and they were coached by Rick Adelman. Adelman has coached for many Western Conference teams (including the Kings when they were massively successful), but I remember him most for his time with the Portland Trailblazers. I grew up watching him lead the Blazers to many victories - two NBA Finals appearances! Good times and good memories!

Tonight there were no balloons... nope! Fans sitting on the side got thunder swords instead. I have no idea when the Kings decide to go with the thunder swords and when they go with balloons... or when they go with neither! It's pretty cool to see the swords float down from the rafters.

Yup, it was raining swords in the arena! The fans always get a big kick out of receiving them. Do they make a big difference when it comes to distracting NBA players from making their free throws? Somehow I doubt it, but they are fun to slam together and make you feel a more of a participant in the game.

I saw these youth sized hats at the team store. I think these hats look pretty cool. I know that they are intended for kids, but I'm sure adults would like to have some fun designed hats as well. But who am I to say anything about hats... my head's too big for most hats anyways!

I went with my friend Arnold to this game. He hadn't eaten dinner yet so I suggested he try to the farm-to-fork BBQ pulled pork sandwich. Well, he did, and it looked like an amazing meal. It came with a pickle too, but that item is obscured by the massive sandwich and pile of chips.

I went to get food for myself and saw this cool Kings beer level at the concessions stands. I wasn't so hungry tonight so I went for the standard salted pretzel and cheese dip. The cheese dip is a bit pricey, but oh does it make the pretzel taste just that much better!

Chanel (left), Nelly (upper/middle), and Charli (bottom right) came visit me tonight! I actually had requested a visit a while back using my Cap City Kingdom points. It was fun to talk to them. Charli actually ordered some cookies from my wife's bakery. Thanks for the support Charli!

The Kings played really hard and were in contention for the entire game, but the T-Wolves pulled away late in the fourth quarter. I really thought this was a game that we could pull through and win, but Minnesota has a pretty decent team this year. The Kings also chose to play a lot of their new and developing players for long stretches of the game too. It was good that the game was relatively close and competitive, but seeing a win would have been awesome.

Slamons, SKD, and the fans did their part to cheer and will on the team. Late in the fourth quarter the Kings had a chance to tie. The fans were loud and voicing their passion. Sacramento has a very loyal and supportive fan base. I hope that the team will be able to match what the fans put in sooner rather than later. These fans have been waiting for a winner for some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment