Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kings v. Pelicans 3.3.14

I went to tonight's game versus the Pelicans with my friend Dave. I guess Dave's a pretty busy guy! He brought his work in with him to the game. I suppose Sleep Train Arena could possible make for a good place to study... you have your own designated seat, food options, and if you need a break you can watch some basketball.

The item of the game tonight was this really sweet retro all-star jersey of Mitch Richmond. This jersey has such an amazing retro look to it. I definitely wanted one, but it was a bit out of my price range. I saw a few lucky people around the arena sporting one of these on. It's very cool they got their hands on one.

Here's a bit of silliness from a Pelican's player during the player introductions tonight. I actually couldn't figure out who this was, but I thought this made for a pretty funny photograph.

One of the in-seat trivia games took place in the seats right below us. You can see Scott Fresh and Slamson doing their thing. The kid in the seat next to Scott's had to answer a question. If correct, he would win pizza for his entire row. Long story short... he got it right!!!

Tyreke Evans was back tonight to face his former team. The last time Tyreke was here was the first time back in Sacramento for him. I missed that game due to my wife's surprise b-day party. It was worth missing for that, and I'm glad I could see Tyreke in action during this game. The guy has some great ball handling skills!

Here's DeMarcus doing a little grab jersey action. I felt the Big Cuz didn't play too much in this game. He might have gotten into a bit of foul trouble today so he didn't see as much action. Thankfully, DeMarcus totally kept his cool the entire game and didn't get into any serious trouble.

Ray McCallum got extended minutes once again and made very good use of them. I felt he's been growing and growing so much in these past few games. His confidence is on the rise. I am sure the Kings are happy with the progress that he's making.

There were a lot of emotions on display in this game - both good and bad. Here's Isaiah after making a great play on the offensive end. He was pumped up... and in turn the crowd got super-pumped as well. Kings fans love it when they see the passion in their players.

Rudy Gay and Coach Malone had some issues with the refs late in the game. After this, Reggie Evans had to actually get the coach away from the refs. Good thing he did too, coach could have been tossed! No harm, no foul in the end though. Thanks Reggie!

Guess what this is... yep... the wave! Some of the fans late in the game started the wave. It actually got quite a good momentum going for a while. The wave is definitely a bit cheesy, but at least it was one started by the fans spontaneously rather than initiated by the Kings.

Half-time today featured some special dancing on display. The dancers came out in some pretty elaborate costumes. The dance was a mix of modern and classical. It was a nice departure from the usual things we see during half-time.

While I did enjoy the half-time dancing, nothing beats the SKD when it comes to moving on the court. They lit it up once again! I'm a bit sad as the Kings are going on a very long road trip. I won't be back at the arena for a game for about two weeks! Hopefully he time will pass quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment