Monday, March 3, 2014

Cap City Kingdom Party at Downtown Plaza 3.2.14

I had the amazing opportunity to take over the Sacramento Kings Instagram for the Cap City Kingdom party at Downtown Plaza in Sacramento. It was a huge honor for me, and I was looking forward to it all week! I definitely thank the awesome people at Kings Social Media (Andrew, Jason, and Katie) for having me on board and being so nice!

This is what the pics I took looked like on my phone. I was able to get five pics for the event. There was a lot of stuff going on all over the Downtown Plaza mall. It was really awesome to run into former King Bobby Jackson! He wasn't a scheduled guest to appear... apparently he was just there that day. Crazy!

My wife Jenn doesn't come out to many Kings games or events because she is very busy with her own bakery business, but she came out today! It was cool that she got to check out all the cool Kings stuff - like this rendition of the new Kings arena.

A lot of the Kings staff were helping to run the different areas of the mall. Nick, the guy I'm pointing to, was my season ticket representative at the beginning of the season. He's been tremendously helpful whenever I had any questions or concerns about my tickets. Guys like Nick are what make the Kings great!

It's the Sacramento Kings floor crew of Jenn Santich, Scott Moak, and Scott Fresh. They were the hosting the CCK party and letting people know what was up. As usual, they provided a lot of energy and made the event go really smoothly.

Reggie Evans and Derrick Williams were in the reading room. They had the opportunity to read books to kids in attendance. I really liked when Reggie shared about his own kids, it was great to find out some personal information about him and get to know him a bit more than just a basketball player.

Derrick Williams was the first reader. He's looking good in that purple Dr. Seuss hat! I think the kids who were there really enjoyed the time with the players. The Kings have been making a big effort to promote reading with the youth in Sacramento. 

Mike Malone, coach of the Kings, was hanging out and signing some items for fans. I'm not sure if he was an official Kings participant or not, but it was really good of him to be out there hanging out with all the fans. I didn't get a chance to interact with him today, but I have met him and he is a very cordial person.

Jason Thompson was in the video game dancing room. It was so cool for the fans to be able to interact with the players on a very personal and fun level. Whoever came up with the idea to 'play with the Kings' must be some sort of genius!

DeMarcus started his time with the fans by playing some basketball video games. I know a lot of the athletes play video games in their free time. I wonder if they're any good. I didn't stick around long enough to find out!

Isaiah Thomas was in a room running some drill with Kings fans. The fans who participated here got to take a pass from Isaiah and shoot a basket. Quincy Acy was also around to rebound the ball. I really like this photo I got of Isaiah with himself.

Rudy Gay took photos with fans in front of a green screen. The fans each got a photo with Rudy with a night scene of Sacramento in the background... for free! The Kings provided the photos and everything. It made for a very nice keepsake.

I really don't get to take very many photos with Scott Moak, so I'm really happy with this one. This one was taken in the reading room, and Scott got into the reading action with his own Dr. Seuss hat. I can just imagine hims saying 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd nooooooooooooooow...'!

The craziest room I went to was the karaoke room with Ben McLemore, DeMarcus Cousins, Scott Fresh, and the SKD. They were singing up a storm in there! It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while! It was awesome to see, Ben especially, let loose!

The entire CCK party was filled with fun. I had a great time, and I'm sure all who attended did as well. A huge thanks to the Kings, their players, and their staff for organizing such a unique event for their season ticket holders!

No comments:

Post a Comment