Thursday, March 27, 2014

Kings v. Knicks 3.26.14

I realized that I didn't have too many photos of me outside the arena so I thought I'd take one today. Sleep Train Arena looks like a giant office building. It's definitely not a modern wonder... but hopefully the new downtown arena will be. One thing that is cool about Sleep Train, though, is that the team store looks like a shoebox. Funny stuff.

Jason Thompson took some time during the early warm-ups to sign a few items for fans in attendance. That's pretty awesome. I used to carry a few Sharpies around the game just in case, but I haven't done so lately - maybe it'd be a good time to start that practice again.

Wow! Jeremy Lin came to take some photos too! Well, I guess that's not really Jeremy Lin, but this Knicks fan was getting in some camera phone action during the warm-ups.

A few Kings were on the court getting some extra practice in. Rudy Gay was practicing his outside shot.

Derrick Williams and Travis Outlaw were also out there on the court. I like this photo I got of D-Will. Maybe I should get this one printed out and signed one of these days.

Slamson was up to his usual tricks early on. He launched a few reverse half-court shots today. Did he make any of them? Well... I'm not going to say!

Scott Fresh was in the concourse area getting some interviews done. There are always things going on around the arena outside the bowl area. Some of them are highlighted on Game Night Live.

The Knicks came to town today and were ready to take on the Kings. The Kings beat them in New York the last time they met, and the Lakers trounced them the night before. I think the Knicks were plenty motivated for this game.

Here's the tip-off. Demarcus, McCallum, Evans, McLemore, and Gay were our starts tonight. Isaiah Thomas sat this game out with an injury.

Ray Mac got the start and some of the fans came prepared! I was a little surprised to see this gentleman with a McCallum jersey on... but Sacramento fans are definitely on top of things! He knew.

Royce White got extended playing time on the court during the first half. I'm sure it was difficult to get acclimated to the NBA environment. I'd definitely be nervous in my first few games. I wonder if the Kings will keep him on for a longer time or not.

The Kings fell far behind in the third quarter, but they rallied back. The fans totally got behind the team and Scott Fresh got us on our feet.

The Kings made it close, but they couldn't pull ahead in the end. The Knicks just had too many 3-pointers on the night. Sacramento definitely had its opportunities, but we couldn't cash in. It was a good learning game for White and McCallum though. And Cuz... well, he had a monster game.

No comments:

Post a Comment