Saturday, March 22, 2014

Kings v. Spurs 3.21.14

Today was a crazy game for me a lot was going on! First, I was able to wrangle up 89 people from my church to come to this game. The Kings were having their annual Faith and Family night, so it just felt natural to invite people from my church to come to this game - I just didn't think there would be that big of a response! Above are some of the people who came early to the game and got a photo next to the Kings shield.

After I met up with the friends from above I was quickly called to head down to the court to meet with Scott Fresh. I used my Cap City Kingdom points for a Game Night Live Experience... and tonight was the night! It was awesome to hang out with all the Kings staff at court level - a bit surreal!

It's always great to interact with Scott Moak. I don't usually get to see him too often at the games as he's busy doing his thing at the scorer's table, but he's always fun when I get a chance to talk to him. 

Last game Slamson got a haircut, but today his hair is miraculously back! It looks like he used that giant bottle of 'Roar-gain' to get it back. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know where they can pick up some of that magic.

The first interview on Game Night Live was with beloved Kings great Vlade Divac. I was right there in front as they were talking with him during the pregame about Unicef and his involvement with them.

Vlade is so popular here in Sacramento! The fans were up on their feet and trying to get photos with him all night long. He did great here in his tenure as a King and the fans are showing their appreciation for him!

Everyone was trying to get a little time with Vlade. I know that even Kings staff had a hard time tracking him down for a short interview. It looks like Andrew with Social Media finally got a chance to talk with the big fella.

During the second quarter of the Kings game Vlade came out to the Unicef booth in the concourse area. As you can see, it was pandemonium! Some lucky fans got to shake Vlade's hand, and he also took time to sign some autographs for a few too!

Oh, that's right... there was an actual NBA game going on tonight too. The San Antonio Spurs were in the house. Isaiah struggled shooting because of a hurt wrist. At one point in the game he took off his headband in frustration (either with himself or with some calls he didn't like).

The Spurs are such a good team. I honestly didn't think the Kings would win this game, but at least they kept it relatively close for a good portion of it. The Spurs were able to pull away in the end though.

When the game was already pretty much decided Ray McCallum got some more playing time as well as Royce White! This was White's first NBA game ever. The Kings signed him to a 10-day contract. He didn't score, but I'm sure it was exciting to at least get on the court for a little while.

My wife doesn't get a chance to come out to too many of these games, but here she is wearing the hat I got her! She got to sit next to our friend Laura, who is from Sacramento.

Now this was a surprise! My former boss Gayelynn came out to this game with a bunch of students of the school she is a principal at. She is an amazing principal, and it looks like she is continuing to touch the lives of all her students! Way to go!

Being as it was Faith and Family night, fans were treated to a free concert after the game. The band Love and Theft were in the house. During one of the time outs Jenn Santich gave out some free CDs to the fans.

Love and Theft went acoustic for this concert. I was really impressed by them - they sounded great! It's awesome that the Kings have nights like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment