Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DeMarcus Cousins Signing at the KP Store 3.19.14

According to the Kings website, DeMarcus Cousins would be here at this Shop KP store on Florin Road. I had no idea that Kaiser had a store that you could go to. It you want to find out about these player signings, make sure you check on Kings.com under the fans and then promotions link to get this information!

There was already quite a line waiting by the time I showed up. I usually like to arrive early so I can be at the front of the line... but this was ok. According to my ticket I was person number 62. Autographs would be limited to just 100 at this event.

DeMarcus was signing today, but tomorrow Rudy Gay will be at another Shop KP store. I just heard Grant Napear interview Rudy on the radio, and it makes me really want to go to that signing... but it's at the same time as the McLemore signing! Arg! This reminds me of last year when Jimmer and Isaiah were signing autographs on the same day. Have to make a choice.

Slamson came out to greet the fans in the line. There were actually quite a bit of Kings staff out and about at this event... and a pretty big media presence too! I definitely wasn't the only photographer on site.

DeMarcus was happily signing autographs for his fans. He had this pretty wicked hat on today. You can kind of tell in this photo, but the band around the hat actually changes color in the light. Fancy. It actually didn't take very long in line to get DeMarcus' autograph. The event went really smoothly and was very well run.

After my autograph I got to say hi to Semaj and Moira from the SKD. We took a photo with two Slamsons? Yep, we had the real deal and the fake deal in this photo. I guess you can't ever get enough of our lion!

I was very happy with this autograph. DeMarcus signed nice and big on this photograph that I just printed out. I printed both a color and this black and white one... the black and white one was definitely better. I also liked the gold ink sharpie I brought. It pays to come prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment