Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kings v. Grizzlies 1.29.14

Before the game tonight Cap City Kingdom members got a chance to attend a Super Fan Fest event. This event took place in the West Lounge inside the arena. As season ticket holders came into the room they were treated to some sweet images of the new arena that the Kings are planning to build for the start of the 2016-17 season. The response from fans has been absolutely positive, and everybody I have talked to is looking forward to getting construction started on this gem. It'll be the crown of our downtown.

See? This is a shot I took of the room BEFORE everyone had filed in. The place was packed! Cap City Kingdom members had the opportunity to partake in free nachos and beverages. Yes, you heard that right... FREE NACHOS. And these weren't the sloppy nachos you'd find at a fast food place. The Kings organization went all out... well as all out as you can for nachos! I had a plate-full of them, I think I could have eaten two. But I was busying myself with shooting photos.

I really like this shot I got of Carmichael Dave and Scott Fresh. No, it wasn't really this dark at the event, but I had my camera set so that it wouldn't let too much light in the sensor. It sort of looks like some shady dealin's are going down between the two of them. Hahaha, I assure you probably not though! These two guys are two of my favorite people associated with the Kings. Carmichael Dave is great to listen to on the radio in the mornings, and of course, you know Scott Fresh brings the entertainment to each and every Kings game.

Here are some of the Kings' super-fans. This select group of people have been featured on the King's website. Each one has been shown to be a real super-fan of the Kings. It was awesome to hear each of them speak about their experience as a fan of the Sacramento Kings. These people have been Kings fans for many years. This Q&A session has totally inspired me to be a super-fan of the Kings, that's for sure!

After the fan-event I went down to my usual seat. Tonight I was alone! None of my fellow season ticket holders could make it, a cry to Instagram didn't work, putting up on ticket on the NBA ticket exchange didn't work... it seemed that this seat was destined not to get filled tonight. I've gone stag to a few Kings games before, but c'mon! It was a bit sad to have a ticket wasted.

Here's a shot of the time right after the players are introduced. A couple things of note here. One, check out Rudy Gay! He came back from his injury... so that was awesome to see! Two, Scott Moak wasn't able to be at this game due to illness. The Kings enlisted Jaime Coffee to fill in for him. Jamie is apparently the first female public address announcer in NBA history! Wow! At first it was a bit weird to not hear Scott's voice in the arena, but after a while I did end up enjoying Jamie's work that night.

I was out and about shooting some photos around the arena when these fine ladies came strolling by. In a surprising turn of events, they asked to take a photo with me! I assure you, this rarely happens, haha! It was an honor to take this photo with the SKD though, they are great girls!

After the SKD group photo I saw Fresh, Slamson, and a few of the other SKD dancers doing a spot or the Professional Bull Riding show coming up at the arena. The Kings have been giving away tickets to the event during games, and this was just before they did that for this game. I love Slamson's get-up. How does he get all this cool stuff to wear? Only he knows.

I guess a lot of crazy stuff happened on the concourse because while I was out there I was upgraded to this floor level seat. Yes, you heard me... FLOOR LEVEL. I was almost right behind the Kings bench. I couldn't believe it! This was the first time I have been that close to the bench. I have been upgraded before to some really awesome seats, but usually they were on the other side of the arena. To be on his side was eye-opening. I could hear what Coach Malone and the players were saying to each other. Incredible.

This was pretty much my view from the seat upgrade. I was right up in the action. The first couple of rows are right on the floor with no elevation, so many of the photos I got at the game had some heads in the way. It wasn't too bad, but I had to definitely adjust in ways I hadn't done before. Hey, I wouldn't mind having that teeny bit of photography challenge if I could sit here all the time!

Wow, looks like Charlie has a bunch of t-shirts to give away right now. Each and every game there are t-shirts, balls, and other items given away to fans in attendance. It's a great little extra that the Kings provide to fans. It makes the game experience just that much more exciting and memorable for those who are lucky enough to get something!

I'm not sure what Isaiah is thinking here, but he doesn't look too happy with Ben McLemore in this shot! I'm sure there isn't any bad blood between the two of them. Ben does have a lot of improvement still to make in his game though. He's definitely had his ups and downs this season already. Everybody wants to see him succeed - I'm sure none so more than himself.

Big Cuz was looking pretty dapper off on the sidelines in his street clothes. Hmm, I wish my street clothes looked so nice! He was joining in with his teammates on the bench at times and encouraging them. The Kings have been struggling without him in the line-up. He's got to be in the line-up for them to succeed.

During the fourth quarter Scott Fresh gets the crowd pumped to encourage on the Kings. If you look in the background you can see Vivek cheering on his team as well! It's so awesome to have an owner that is really into his team. 

Slamson high fives fans who have the court side seats while Jimmer gets ready to enter the game. Jimmer has been getting quite a bit more playing time as of late. I've enjoyed seeing him get into games this season. He's definitely provided a nice spark at various points during games.

This is what eighty-nine Kings tickets looks like! I was able to put together a large group from my church to go to the Kings Faith & Family night in March. I'm super pumped to see all these people come to the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment