Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kings v. Bulls 2.3.14

Hey! Check it out! Yours truly was granted a media credential for this game! I'll probably have one for the next one too. I have the unique opportunity to contribute some photos for Kings.com. Come and find me around the arena and let me take your photo showing your Kings passion! My seat is in at the top of the lower bowl between sections 122 and 123. Come and say 'hi' if you get the chance!

This was very nice to see. If you come early to the game, you might get a glimpse of some of the players warming up on the court. Fans are allowed to go all the way down to the floor level. This doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally players will come by and interact with those who watch. Here's Kings center Aaron Gray doing a solid for some fans!

Gong hay fat choy baby! Chinese New Year's was celebrated just this last week. To commemorate the celebration the Kings gave out these NBA branded new year's bracelets. I'm guessing this is more of an NBA initiative as there is only the NBA logo and no Kings tie-in on it at all. 

This is the most fanatical looking vendor I've ever seen! As I was walking around the concourse I saw this guy selling these game day special t-shirts. It was awesome to see him interacting with the fans that crossed his path. He seemed to genuinely be excited about selling the products at his stand. I actually ended up picking up one of these shirts, it was only $12! I didn't pick it up from him though... I went the Team Store route as purchases made there help me earn rewards points.

Wait a minute... did I leave the arena and go to a nice restaurant??? No! The food at the arena has gotten a big boost in the quality department this year. Along with the arena standards (hot dogs, fries, chicken strips...), fans can now choose to get farm to fork options. The cuts of meat they put in these sandwiches are juicy and delicious. I can attest to this as I had one earlier this season!

It was really exciting to see DeMarcus Cousins back in the Kings line-up. He'd been out with an injury for a while. Him being out really set the Kings back in the wins department as they had lost 7 games in a row coming in to this one. 

Things sure are exciting when the Big Cuz is on the court. This game was very chippy, and emotions were high throughout the game. In this moment, Cuz just received a technical foul and was expressing himself quite strongly. He also inadvertently started a new trend of how to wear headbands. I'm not sure if the headband around the neck thing is going to catch on though.

Derek Williams had some flashes of awesomeness in this game. Here you can see him getting a huge dunk to the delight of the fans in attendance. He also tried to do a playground-esque trick dunk as well... but that didn't work out so well for him. I can't fault the guy for trying to get the energy level up at the arena though. D-Will always gets he crowd pumped up with his amazing athleticism.

Here's a fun shot of the Kings bench late in the fourth quarter. By that time the game was well in hand. It looks like the players are having some fun conversations as they wait for the time to expire. Notice the warm-up shirt that Isaiah has on. It was what all the players wore during warm-up tonight. If you look closely, you'll see a picture of a horse which symbolizes the new Lunar New Year.

The players weren't the only ones jumping tonight. The SKD were also joining in on the aerial fun. These girls are totally athletic and put a lot into their routines each and every night. 

This last photo is a picture of me and Justin. Justin is a Kings ticket rep, and the way I got to know him was at a concert held at Sleep Train a few weeks back. He handed me a flyer for Faith & Family night and asked if I were interested in getting a group to go to that. That little flyer spurred 89 people from my church to get tickets. It'll be an awesome night in March when that game rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment