Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kings v. Warriors 2.19.14

It's been a while since the last game at Sleeptrain Arena! The Kings had a road trip as well as took a break from the action during the All-Star Weekend, but they were back in action tonight against the Golden State Warriors. I love seeing this battle of I-80 game. We don't have a huge rivalry against the Warriors, but I think if both teams were good, it could be quite a heated one as the two teams are so close to each other geographically. Lots of Warriors fans in the house tonight. Boo.

Like Aaron Gray in the other game, Rudy Gay took some time before official warm-ups to sign autographs for fans. I love seeing this kind of stuff from players. It really shows that they care about the fans. I don't have a Gay autograph in my collection as of yet, but hopefully I will get his signature on something soon!

DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor getting some shots in before the game, but he did not play tonight. Word was that he was still bothered by a hip injury suffered in New York before the All-Star game. Not having him in the game was a big blow to the Kings, as I think they are win-less without him in the line-up this year.

Marcus Thornton was traded before the game so he was not at the arena. The Kings were definitely understaffed with Cousins out and Thornton now gone. Ben McLemore got the start and Ray McCallum got some boosted minutes as the Kings had to rely on their younger players in this game.

Tonight I sat in a different location away from my regular season ticket holder seats. I was in section 124 row K - pretty decent seats actually, but I felt a bit closed in as I was in the very center seat of the row. I did, however, have the advantage of getting a good view of the Goon Squad as they were jumping before the game.

Hmm, interesting balloon color choice... pink?!?! The Kings gave these balloons out to the fans sitting at the ends of the area to distract the Warriors during their free throws. I'm all for having these types of things out, but I wonder why they chose this color. Purple would have been good, but hard to see. White would probably be the most obvious choice.

Fans got the chance to snag some t-shirts from Scott Fresh and the SKD during tonight's game. There were multiple opportunities for free stuff this evening. If you're a AAA card member, they actually have a special give-away just for you. Wave your AAA card in the air and it might net you a little souvenir to take home with you.

Of course you don't have to be AAA to get something to take home. Here's Isela tossing out some free mini basketballs to fans at the game. I almost got one of them as the ball sailed very close to me, but I was too busy taking photos to notice it!

I decided to get a bunch of shots of tonight's game in black and white. I think it definitely give a different feel to the photographs. The action shots from the game are all done in this way. I have a few posted here, but for more go to my Instagram (blacksheep217) and check them out there!

Isaiah was definitely the main guy during tonight's game. But he was also, like other Kings tonight, struggling with some physical issues. He played through it though and ended up scoring 26 points. I love seeing IT play each and every night - he always gives it all on the court.

Jason Thompson has been whining a lot this year after foul calls, and in this game it cost him a technical. Rudy Gay had to come over and calm him down a bit. Gotta love the Rudy trying to help a guy out on the court, that shows leadership on his part. Tonight Rudy only had 16 points and struggled a bit offensively, but times like this don't show up on the stat sheet.

The Kings definitely had their chances tonight, even taking a lead into the 4th quarter, but Golden State proved to be too much and pulled away for the win. If there is any team I want to see the Kings beat, it's the Warriors. Too many of their fans come into our house. We need to show them that it's the King's house and not theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment