Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kings v. Raptors 2.5.14

Got another media credential for this game. I definitely feel weird having one of these things on me, but I do feel pretty official with it! I was all set to go and take a bunch of photos today, which I did, but as you'll see in the upcoming pictures, this game was one that had me distracted as I ran into people I knew all over the arena.

Here's Danger19 from Instagram. I had  picture of him earlier this season with his full beard. He's almost unrecognizable without it! I gotta say I do like this 'cleaned-up' look he has going on. He cleans up pretty well!

Here's yet another couple from Instagram! They stopped me to say hi and to take a photo. I'm really diggin' how Instagram has the ability to connect people with each other. And same with the internet too. Hey, if you see me at the Kings game... don't hesitate to say hi to me! I'd love to meet you.

Roxy wasn't dancing tonight, but she was being honored for her selection to participate in the NBA All-Star Weekend. She's a great dancer for the SKD and I'm glad she was picked to go. Roxy asked me to take a photo of her on the court as she was recognized for her achievement... but I wasn't in position at the time. I was super bummed about that! Well, at least I got this one with her!

My friend Calvin, a teacher, has gone with me to a few Kings games. This time he came with his school as a group. It was great to see him with many of his students. He told me that many of these students had not been to an NBA game before. How awesome is it that they get to experience a live NBA game at the arena? That is too cool!

This was a big surprise! I worked with Kristen (pictured) a few years back in my fifth grade classroom. Those were some really good times - I miss them. We had the chance to catch up a bit and get this photo. Such a small world!

Here's me and Scott Fresh hanging out at the season ticket renewal table at the arena. The Kings have been giving away a bunch of awesome prizes to some fans who renew their tickets. From what I saw, there were quite a few people lined up for renewals tonight. Let's do this Sacramento!

New NBA commissioner Adam Silver was at the arena tonight. The Kings fans welcomed him with a very warm reception. I didn't get any good shots of him from where I was at, but this photo of fans holding up a sign with his head on it should suffice. Fun stuff!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the night. After the third quarter I went out to the concourse to take some photos. SKD dancer Isela told me that she had a special pizza to deliver during the pizza give-aways. This particular pizza had a special note inside it, and it was from the girl pictured here. She wanted to ask this young gentleman to the prom by surprising him with the note in the pizza box. From what I saw, he was very happy. I think they'll be going to the prom together!

The SKD performed twice as they always do. Both performances featured black. I was especially impressed by the first performance when a few members of the dance team took to the air. Great job as always!

Oh yea, there was a pretty good game going on tonight. The Raptors were in town, and that was a big deal because it was the first game back for quite a few players that were traded relatively recently. 

The Kings played very well and had a large lead for much of the game. The Raptors did not go down easy though as they cut it to well under 10 points late in the fourth quarter. Thankfully, the Kings got the victory. And all of us fans who stayed until the end got free tacos! The next Kings game will not be until February 19th. It's quite a ways away. I'm going to miss going to the arena until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment