Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kings v. Blazers 1.8.14

Cap City Kingdom members (season ticket holders) had the opportunity to attend a social media workshop before the game tonight. I think I have a pretty good handle on social media... but it was still a fun time! It's awesome that the Kings provide things like this to their fans. I think a lot of season ticket holders got a chance to find out how they can use social media to interact with the Kings and other fans tonight. I saw some new user pics on Instagram after the game (#foreverpurple)!

And you know what? The Kings provided food and drink for the attendees! I got chips and a hot dog... and that hot dog was no joke. It was long and girth-y. That sounds inappropriate, but it's true! I gotta thank the Kings for really going all out for their season ticket holders. I can't wait for the next event!

A lot of the Kings dance team were helping folks get their Instagram accounts going. They also took the time to take photos with the fans. Here's me with Chanel and Danielle! It was great to talk with them and get to know them more. 

Fan Hall of Famer Sign Lady was in attendance! I finally was able to get a photo with her. Everyone in the Kings organization knows Sign Lady... she's been a faithful Kings fan since the beginning. Wow, I was definitely in revered company tonight! I have a long way to go before I can get into super-fan status like her!

Here's me with Gregg and Nadine! I actually met these two a the Cap City Kingdom ticket printing facility. We got to know each other a little there, and now we say hi whenever we see each other around. They are really nice, and I have found this true of many Cap City Kingdom members.

The social media workshop took place on the fourth floor of the arena in the West Lounge. I'd never been there before so it was cool to get access to it! It's a surprisingly big area! When you enter, you sort of go through this narrow hallway, but it then opens up into a big room. I've got to say the arena is a lot bigger than it looks.

While I was up there I took the opportunity to walk around the upper edge of the arena before the game. It's a very nice view from the very top. The top of Sleep Train Arena has concession stands and the Skyline restaurant. I took a peek at Skyline, and now I want to give it a try! Looks like a nice place to eat.

Two of my friends, Alex and Jessica, were given tickets to this game. He texted me at his seat and I was able to to zoom in a bit with my camera and get this shot of them before the game. It might be hard to see, but Alex is wearing a Jason Williams jersey! Yup! White Chocolate!

Hmmm, this is something I haven't seen before. One of the Portland Trailblazers was warming up using a jump rope before the game. That was definitely different. Also, you can see that both teams are still sporting the red 'fit' warm-ups. For Portland, though, it's a natural fit as it is one of their team's colors.

Here's DeMarcus Cousins as he is introduced at the beginning of the game. The Kings had a player only meeting yesterday to discuss their play and to 'air things out'. The meeting was apparently lead by DeMarcus Cousins and Isaiah Thomas. Good on them for taking the initiative to right the ship, so to speak. The Kings did come out with more of a team effort tonight, that's for sure.

A few times a game DeMarcus likes to dribble the ball all the way up the court like a point guard would normally do. I think it's hilarious when he does this. Other fans, including some that I go with, don't like it, and they make their opinion known by shouting for him to pass the ball when he does this.

Rudy Gay had a great game tonight. He was a monster at making his outside shots and penetrating to the basket. The Blazers are one of the top teams in the NBA right now, and he sliced and diced his way through them. The only negative came when he received his sixth foul with quite a bit of time remaining and had to sit.

Speaking of fouls, the refs were whistle-happy tonight. There were some questionable calls on both sides of the court tonight. Many players got into foul trouble and a ton of free throws were put up. I think I heard a stat on the radio after the game that there were eighty some odd free throws taken during this game. I believe it as this was one of the longest games I've been to this season.

The fans were making it known to the refs that they didn't like all the whistles going on. Several times fans broke into 'refs you suck' chants. The arena was pretty packed out tonight and when the fans were angry, you could really feel it! You have to love the passion the Sacramento Kings fans show at the games! They are definitely the sixth man!

After helping out at the social media workshop, the SKD still had to do their two routines during the game. Their first routine had them in these awesome cowgirl outfits. 

Slamson was in full 70's get-up tonight entertaining the fans. You can see him here using the new ball cannon. Now fans in the upper bowl have a better chance at getting a little souvenir to bring home from the game. The next Kings home game will be this Friday against the Orlando Magic. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment