Saturday, January 11, 2014

Kings v. Magic 1.10.14

The night started with the singing of the national anthem, as usual. Tonight a choir sang it. It was a ton of people on that basketball court! This is just the singers, not seen behind them are boy scouts who carried and held the giant flag up.

I love the introduction of the Sacramento Kings. The music, the dancing, and Scott Moak's voice all make it my favorite part of the game. I hate missing it, so that's why I always try to arrive early to the arena. There are a lot of people who don't share that sentiment though... I see lots who enter pretty late! No judging though!

The Orlando Magic don't have a huge superstar player to watch, but they do have Victor Oladipo. Oladipo is a rookie this year who has been doing a great job for his team. We have Ben McLemore. Ben started off the year pretty well but has since cooled dramatically. He needs to start making some shots to get his confidence back up. Right now he's in a bit of a funk.

Jimmer Fredette has been given some minutes to play behind Isaiah Thomas. And he's been making good use of them! He came into the game and provided a spark in scoring. He was aggressive shooting the ball and driving the lane as well. I loved seeing him fake out some of the Magic defenders near the rim. His teammates definitely appreciated the effort - especially from Rudy Gay - as you can see the embrace he got in the picture above.

Wow, it's former Golden State Warrior, '92 Dream Teamer, and Hall of Fame basketball player Chris Mullin! Mullin works for the Kings now and can be seen at some of the games. I'd love to be able to meet him and get a picture with him. Hopefully one day this will happen. Until then, I'll have to settle for this relatively far shot of him from my seat at the top of 122.

Looks like the camera is squarely focused on SKD. I noticed that there were fewer dancers tonight. Though there weren't as many, those who were there were up to the task of providing the spark that they bring. 

Also dancing were the King's Hip Hop style dance team. I saw them a few times last year, but this year they haven't made too many appearances. These guys have some impressive moves! The next game will be on Sunday versus Cleveland. It'll be an exciting game as I will be sitting in a different section! I wonder what kind of shots I'll get from there! You'll find out in my next post! See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment