Saturday, April 19, 2014

Kings v. Suns (Season Finale) 4.16.14

Wow. This season has gone by so quickly! I can't believe it's already the season finale. I've definitely enjoyed coming out to the arena so often... it's like a second home to me. Today's game was versus the Phoenix Suns. Outside the arena I was able to pick up Isaiah Thomas and Rudy Gay heads. Fun stuff.

Both Rudy Gay and Isaiah Thomas have a chance of not being in Sacramento next season. I know that Kings fans would like both of them to return. I personally think Isaiah and Rudy have been phenomenal for the Kings, and I hope they stay too.

There was a massive crowd of people watching the early warm-ups before the game. It's usually not this crowded. It looks like the fans want to get every ounce of the Kings in before the long off-season.

My Instagram friend Lindsey (pinky187) made a sign for this game directed towards her favorite player - Ben McLemore. She was right in the front during warm-ups.

The sign caught the eye of Kings team president Pete D'Alessandro, and he brought Ben out to do some autographs for the fans. Wow, how awesome is that? I know that Lindsey was really happy to get her sign autographed.

I saw this Kings fan with the same camera that I have (Sony NEX-5) so I said hi. Turns out he came from Europe to attend this game! Incredible! He explained to me that he calls Grant's show on KHTK 1140 to talk about the Kings on occasion. I have actually heard him on the radio talking to Grant before. I was glad to meet him - he had great seats by the way.

I had four total tickets to this game, but they were split up. My friends Arnold, Larry, and Dave all came with me to the game, but I ended up sitting with just Dave. It's been a blast getting to hang out with my fellow season ticket holders all year.Can't wait to do it all again next season.

Before the game Isaiah took the time to thank the fans for all their support this year. It was a nice gesture for him to do so on behalf of the team.

Here's the last tip-off of the year. DeMarcus Cousins did not play in this game as he was serving a suspension due to his 16th technical foul. It was really too bad that he didn't get a chance to play in this game. I would have loved to see him, and I know he would have made a huge difference in the outcome of this game.

Though DeMarcus was out, Rudy Gay was back in, and getting some action on the court. I don't think Rudy played too many minutes tonight as it looked like Coach Malone as giving his younger players some time on the court to get more experience.

Mitch Richmond was in the house tonight. He recently was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame - the first Sacramento King to get in! It was exciting news, and the Kings were celebrating it tonight.

Mitch Richmond took the time to wave and say thank-you to the Sacramento fans for their support. He later took to the mic and had a few words to say to the Kings fans in attendance.

The fans also showed their appreciate for Mitch as they cheered him on after his speech. Mitch was definitely one of the best players Sacramento has ever had on the team. He got lots of love.

As I mentioned earlier, players like Ben McLemore and Ray McCallum (above) got quite a bit more playing time than I had been used to seeing from them. Both players did a great job this game.

Sacramento fans also had the opportunity to cheer on Mayor Kevin Johnson as he was recognized at the game. I thought it was great how the Kings were playing the Suns - Johnson's former team.

It was great being able to see the routines practiced the day before in full performance mode at the game. The SKD were simply amazing on the court once again. Their hard work helped them look like they were effortlessly dancing on the floor. Of course I know that it was anything by effortless to get it that perfect.

After the second routine the SKD received flowers for a job well done this season. These girls totally deserved these and more. I thought recognizing each SKD member on the court was a classy way to personally thank each dancer individually.

And that was it! The game ends with the Suns winning it, but that's ok. I think all Kings fans are looking towards the future now. We are glad that leaving the arena today is not going to be marred by thoughts of the Kings relocating. Our focus now is on getting better.

I went to go say hi to Andrew over in social media and he brought me to meet some special guests for tonight's game. It was pretty awesome being able to hang out in the tunnel area with these guys. We had a nice conversation about technology implementation in the arena. Looks like the Kings will be one of the leaders in integrating new technologies!

Before I left for the night I had to say good-bye to these dancers who were still hanging around on the court. Chanel, Semaj, and Corina were all rookies this year for the SKD. I really hope that all three make it back again on next year's squad.

So that's it! This blog will continue to update over the summer with Kings related content whenever I can. Hopefully you'll see events from CapCity Kingdom as well as other planned events by the Kings. Keep checking back on the site whenever you can. Next season can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment