Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Kings v. Thunder 4.8.14

Today I sat in the upper bowl as my fellow season ticket holders took our regular season ticket seats. I was in section 218, and I've got to say hat he view wasn't bad at all. As I sat up there I couldn't help but compare the experience and viewing angles to the seats we had at Oracle last Friday. Sleep Train Arena, while old, has great seating arrangements from the floor seats all the way to the top row. They all give the fans an enjoyable time out.

One of the things I really enjoy seeing from the upper bowl is the awesome floor lighting during the introduction of the players. The introductions is one of my favorite parts of the game... and I would hate to ever miss it! I know some fans come late to the game - that's too bad because lots of awesome things happen before the actual NBA game takes place.

There was a new game that I don't recall seeing on the court today. They got two couples to wear these giant rings. It was a race of sorts where they had to do a few things and then run to center court. The winning couple got a hundred dollar gift card to a jewelry store.

A hundred bucks to a jewelry store might be nice... but not as nice as a brand new car! And that's what this guy won today at the arena by hitting this half court shot. The crowd erupted as the shot went in! This was the second winner of this contest... the first one was way back at the beginning of the season.

I decided to go for some black & white shots for the on court basketball action. DeMarcus did his usual thing by getting a double double and playing very well.

Travis Outlaw provided some early scoring punch by hitting a bunch of shots. He ended up scoring over 20 points tonight! That's definitely impressive for Travis.

The guys had to step it up tonight because Rudy Gay, Reggie Evans, and Isaiah were all out due to injury. The Kings kept it close during much of the game, but in the end the Thunder pulled away and won pretty convincingly.

Despite losing these last few games, the team still supports each other, and it is evident in the way they act. It's good to see teammates encouraging each other whenever they can.

The cotton candy looked extremely temping tonight, but I held off. I was in the mood for a different kind of sweet dessert at the game.

Yup. Ended up getting ice-cream. The line for ice-cream is always ridiculously long and intimidating. Why does everyone want ice-cream so bad anyways?!?! Well, today I took the plunge and got myself a cup of ice-cream during the third quarter. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment