Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kings v. Grizzlies 2.25.15

Tonight the Kings were celebrating Chinese New Year at the arena. The actual new years date was last week, but it was cool that the Kings made this an event! This is the year of the sheep - my year!

The on-court festivities started very early. Many groups came out to perform special dances and music. It's always fun to see these special performances, definitely worth coming early to the game for.

One of the most traditional dances you'll see in Chinese culture is the lion dance. This is where dancers get into a lion (or dragon) get-up and perform. It used to scare me as a kid to have the lion come up to me. 

I could have sworn I saw some people waving mat me from section 118... and it was Yessenia! I met her last year at a McLemore signing. She was first in line. She's a huge Kings fan, and it was great seeing her at the game.

Scott Moak had a partner today as the introduction of the Kings happened... in Mandarin! David Cheng won the chance to introduce the players tonight. He did a great job!

The SKD were in full force tonight as they prepared a special Asian inspired dance. It fused both the traditional with the modern. The outfits the SKD wore tonight were absolutely stunning on them.

Here's Angela as she shows her athleticism on the court. No matter what they are wearing, the SKD are able to impress the fans with their dance moves.

This was a fun basketball game to be at. I loved seeing this break-away windmill jam by Ben McLemore. I was able to get the entire dunk frame-for-frame using my Sony a6000 in burst mode. 

This game got a bit chippy as the players played their hearts out on both sides. The physicality of this game was definitely up. There were a few times I thought it would come to blows!

Big Cuz tweaked something during the game and he was noticeably hobbling afterwards. He didn't let that stop him though as he continued to play through the pain.

The effort really payed off as the Kings won a hard fought game against a top tier team in the league. It was a great feeling to see this victory!

After the game Coach Karl talked with the media about the strong Kings effort. He's definitely putting his stamp on this team, and I'm excited for the things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment