Saturday, April 4, 2015

Kings v. Pelicans 4.3.15

Before the game a very special guest was on the court. Bailey (middle/front) was there to meet Jason Thompson for a chance to dunk a basketball with his assistance. Bailey has been battling cancer, and this was a just a little something the Kings could do to brighten her day a bit. I was honored to be able to capture some of the images of this!

I got to the arena pretty early so I was able to see quite a few of the Kings and Pelicans warming up on the floor. DeMarcus used the time to get some shots in as well as listen to some tunes. Well, it's either that or a special NBA 3.0 device we know nothing about yet.

Sim Bhullar was signed to a 10-day contract recently from the Reno Big Horns. He is the first NBA player of Indian descent to be in the league. There was a lot of press around him as he took the court.

Things got a bit crazy tonight as Wizard World took over the arena with cosplayers. I love cosplay, and it was so awesome to see everyone dressed up as different characters. I brought my Wolverine hoodie to get in the spirit of things too. It's too bad I didn't wear it too long because I was getting too hot.

The SKD were also in full get-up! They sported their Batman outfits on the court. I thought this photo was perfect with the Joker photobombing the dancers as they took a selfie!

Not to be outdone, Slamson had a bunch of different outfits on the court. My favorite of his was when he was the Flash. He was jetting around the arena as fast as he could with this suit on.

After being out for a while, it was extremely nice to see Jenn Santich back on the court. Even she got into the nerd-a-licous fun with a sweet Super Mario Bros. t-shirt!

The Kings ended up losing this game... but it was a very hard fought battle. There was definitely not a lack of effort or intensity by the Kings. It's good to see the team ending the season with strength and hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment