Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kings v. Warriors (at Oracle) 1.23.15

On a whim, I decided to go see the Kings take on the Warriors at Oracle tonight. It's not a long drive out to the Bay Area so I got some tickets via the NBA Ticket Exchange. Here's a picture of me as I am about to enter the parking lot. Didn't expect to pay $30 to park! Wow, that's triple the price at Sleep Train!

Oracle Arena looks like a big round tire that has fallen on its side. I always feel weird coming here - as a Kings fan, I am 'the enemy'. The interior of the arena is very squishy feeling. Unlike the open hallways of Sleep Train, Oracle is a cramped place and difficult to navigate through.

I sent out a last minute plea on Facebook to see if any of my friends would be willing to come out to this game. I was thankful that my friends Bonnie and Calvin responded in the positive. Here we are chilling in section 222. A couple of old friends from my college days ended up being at the game a few rows above us. It was great seeing them as well!

Here was my dinner at the arena. This slice of pizza was $9.50! And the bottle of Pepsi I got was $6! I couldn't believe how expensive everything was here. It makes me very thankful for the moderately high prices at the arena in Sacramento. 

This game turned out to be similar my Warriors v. Kings experience last season in Oakland. The Warriors blew out the Kings. The team started off slow and got into an 18 point deficit. We actually came back in the third to take a 2 point lead... but then Klay Thompson happened. He set an NBA record of 37 points in the 3rd quarter alone. He was perfect from the field and made 9 of 9 three pointers. He ended the game with 52 points. A historic night, but one that I didn't particularly care to see! Go Kings! They are on the road for the next string of games.

No comments:

Post a Comment