Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Kings v. Raptors (Pre-Season) 10.7.14

Tonight was the first pre-season game at the arena. The Kings hosted the Toronto Raptors, and I was excited to get back to watching some NBA action! It was extra fun tonight because I was able to bring my wife along to the game. She's been to a few Kings games, but not nearly enough in my opinion!

I renewed my season tickets so I'm back in the same section as last year... 122! I really like the seats I am in and am glad to be right back in them this coming year. Walking into the arena felt really nice and comfortable. It's like a second home!

We ran into a lot of familiar faces around the arena tonight. It was especially cool to run into Andrew, head of Kings social media. I've collaborated with him a few times last season and he has been a real encouragement to me. Congrats to him on his recent marriage. I was keeping up on Instagram and it looked EPIC.

Since the Raptors were in town, the Canadian anthem was sung before the game. It was awesome to see Sacramento Kings Dancer Isela come out to sing it. She's done the American anthem a few times already, but this is the first I've seen her do the Canadian one. Great job as always - Isela is multi-talented to the max.

I was very interested to see new Kings rookie Nik Stauskas play tonight. I was very surprised to see him in the starting line-up. He showed he has what it takes to play in the NBA as he hit shot after shot that he took. I'm impressed at what I've seen so far.

Former King Omri Casspi saw a good deal of action tonight. He has rejoined the team after leaving a few years ago. He was another player that I was impressed with as he was definitely working hard and showing effort.

Long time King Jason Thompson surprised me a bit with his play tonight. I heard on the radio that he had really upped his game. I was a bit skeptical, but from what I saw tonight he has really gotten better. I hope this translates and is able to be continued during the regular season.

The Kings lost fan favorite point guard Isaiah Thomas in the summer and replaced him with Darren Collison. I thought Collison did a solid job, but I wonder how the Kings will replace Isaiah's leadership that he brought to the team. Only time will tell.

Well, there wasn't much new in the arena food area, but we were able to get some of our old favorite standby's to snack on. Jenn had a soft pretzel and I went for a slice of Pizza Guy's pizza. It may not be the most gourmet of selections, but they both hit the spot.

The Sacramento Kings Dancers performed great on this first pre-season game. I was wondering what routines they would do! They look to already be in mid-season form as they were totally on-point. The next pre-season game in Sacramento will be next Saturday. I won't be able to attend that one, but I'm looking forward to the home opener at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment