Thursday, October 9, 2014

Farm-to-Fork Experience 10.9.14

Tonight the Kings Season Ticket Holders were invited down to the arena to try some of the new Farm-to-Fork offerings that will be available at games on the concourse this year. We went into the Capital Club located just inside the security entrance at Sleep Train and were greeted by tables of delicious food!

I've been to these types of events before... and I've got to say that the Kings spare no expense when it comes to giving their season ticket members a good meal. I was pretty hungry going in, so I went straight for... well... everything.

There were three different locally sourced meats at a carving station. I ended up choosing the tri-tip steak. I'm sure whatever I chose would have been great, butif I wanted to, I could have gone back to give another meat a try. 

I was really impressed with the presentation of the food. It looks like the food options available at the arena are getting quite an upgrade. At the pre-season game I went to a few days ago I settled for a slice of pizza from Pizza Guys. It was decent, but this would have been really good.

Even the bread choices were top notch and of quality - this isn't the stuff you can get for 99 cents at the grocery store. I was invited to build a sandwich with this, some lettuce, herb spread, and the meat I chose.

And here it is in all its glory... my tri-tip sandwich! And I've got to say it was delicious! It really hit the spot tonight and filled me up. I sort of wish it didn't because it would have allowed me to try some more of the meats, but I can't complain.

Soup and salad were also available. The Kings set out clam chowder and bread bowls alongside salad with walnuts, blue cheese, and crispy fried onions. See what I mean by not sparing any expense? And not pictured were the desserts, other sides, and open bar with sodas, beer and wine.

I'm pretty sure all the season ticket holders who came to this event really enjoyed the meal they had this evening. The Capital Club is always a classy place to hold and event. I definitely wouldn't ever pass up a opportunity to visit it in the future.

After the meal we were given a presentation on how to use our season ticket membership. It was great to learn all the details of the benefits we have as season ticket holders. I'm definitely excited to start this next season of Sacramento Kings basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment