Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mini Basketball Camp at Sleep Train Arena 7.16.14

As a Cap City Kingdom member, I was given the opportunity to participate in a mini basketball camp at Sleep Train Arena. I was able to take one person with me so I asked my friend Ray to join in. It was great having the opportunity to play on an NBA court!

After checking in at the security entrance we proceeded down the large hall to center court. This is exactly how the NBA players get onto the court. I'm sure my fellow season ticket holders attending these camps had a similar sense of awe as they entered the arena from here.

On the court we ran through quite a few dribbling and shooting drills. Former King Henry Turner was our coach that led us through this afternoon's activities. He was really fun to work with... and pushed us hard! He was demanding, but fun. By the end of the session, many people had a nickname that he made up for them.

The highlight of the mini camp had to be the scrimmage we had on the court. We played five on five full court. How cool is it to be able to do this? I'm really grateful for an opportunity like this - it's definitely a unique experience and a great perk for being in the Cap City Kingdom.

The two-hour camp went by really fast, but I was definitely sweaty by the end - I totally needed to jump in the shower. Hopefully the Kings will do a similar thing next year for season ticket holders as well. I can't wait until the next event... and you'll see it right here on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment