Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kings XC Visit 7.22.14

I had a chance to visit the Kings XC (Experience Center) tonight in downtown Sacramento. It's located right where the new downtown arena is to be built. The XC has a preview of what the new arena will be like. I was amazed to see how much new technology they are packing into the place.

The XC is not open to the public, only certain groups can come in at a time, so I felt privileged to be able to see it for myself. Those who were invited to come today got an XC pass which included valet parking and complimentary food and drinks. Pretty sweet.

The group I was with was given a tour of the center. We got to see the blue prints for the new arena as well as a large drawing of how it will fit in the downtown area. Seeing it relative to everything was definitely a thrill, and it really builds the anticipation for the new arena's arrival.

Here's my friend Richard getting a virtual tour of the new arena. When you put this device on you can get a three-dimensional view of what the new arena will look like from the outside, at court level, and in a suite. The Kings are definitely going to be technology leaders going forward.

I really had a great time out tonight at the Kings XC. My favorite thing from tonight happened as I left... I got a Kings hardhat! And it's a legit hard hat as well - not some cheap knock-off. It's definitely a great addition to my Kings swag.

No comments:

Post a Comment