Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kings v. Blazers 10.31.14

It was Halloween night and my friend Alex and I went to the Kings game together. Alex is a huge basketball fan, and it's great to have him as part of my season ticket holder group now! Here we are in our seats in section 122.

The Halloween spirit was going' large tonight as everybody got in on some costume action. The Kings Night Live crew went with the Star Wars theme. The costumes were so great! 

I came to the arena as Captain America, so it didn't quite match everyone's space gear, but I tried to fit in as best that I could. It was a really fun night all around with everyone willing to ham it up in costume.

One of the highlights of the night was running into Katie Nicholson on the concourse tonight! I was glad to talk to her about her amazing summer. I'm sure we'll see a lot of each other as the season continues on.

It was so funny to see Scott Moak give an interview as Darth Vader. Without the mask on, he really looks like Dark Helmet from the movie Spaceballs. 

A lot of the fans who came out tonight showed their spirit as well. Many were on the court representing their sections trying to win a contest for prizes during halftime. You've gotta be impressed by the Kings fans - they are the best!

Not to be outdone, the Kings Dancers went with a Batman theme in both costume and routine. They looked great with their capes. I'd gladly have them save me from danger!

Tonight's opponent was a very good Portland Trailblazers team. It's always a thrill to see them because I used to live in Portland and was huge fan of theirs growing up. My favorite players back then were Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter.

Rudy Gay came out blazing in this game. He scored over 30 points tonight and was a beast on the court. He carried the team big time today, and showed why he was chosen to be on Team USA during the summer.

It was a great time for the fans, the staff, and the players tonight as the Kings got a great victory. After the loss on opening night, us fans were feeling a bit down... but this game totally gave us a big lift. Go Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment