Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kings v. Lakers 4.2.14

Tonight was Bollywood night at the arena! This has got to be the most colorful I have ever seen the place. It was absolutely amazing to walk into the arena and see all the colorful t-shirts placed on the seats. Some may not like it, but I love it when team branded stuff is on a color that isn't typical of the team. I had the opportunity to get a purple Bollywood night shirt, but I went for a pink one instead!

Everything tonight had an Indian flair to it. Of course you see the shirts behind me in this photo, but the music was also distinctively Indian. It definitely peaked my interest in Indian culture. It's pretty sweet to have a night like this.

Not so sweet were the Laker fans in the house. There is always a big crowd of Laker fans whenever they come to town. A pretty big contingent of them were watching the early warm-ups.

Today one of the goals at the arena was to get fans to donate shoes for foster kids. I saw helpers at each entrance with these signs letting fans know where they could drop off their new shoes or make a cash donation.

I had messaged a bunch of my Instagram friends about this game... and many of them came out! It was awesome to see everyone cheer on the Kings. 

The Kings provided free henna painting out on the concourse! I saw quite a few people take advantage of this service to get some unique art on them. Of course, all the henna work was Sacramento Kings themed... which made it especially cool.

I actually met Ted at a Yelp Elite event I went to last week... and here we are meeting up with each other at the game! I'm pretty amazed at how social media sites can bring people together!

Here are some fellow fans I met not on Instagram, but at a Ben McLemore signing way back at the beginning of the season. We've since found each other on Instagram, but there are all sorts of ways to connect with people with technology... and I know Vivek is on the cutting edge of this sort of thing.

Yup! More from Instagram! Michelle is an amazing photographer - her wedding photography is especially awesome. Here she is with her two sons!

The Kings were wearing these special shooting jerseys during warm-ups. Yours truly liked them so much that he went and got one at the Team Store. You'll probably see me wearing it pretty soon.

A lot of the big name Lakers didn't play tonight - which is a good and a bad thing. You always want to see the best, but I'm fine with them being understaffed!

The Kings, and Ray McCallum in particular played very well. Demarcus had some foul trouble, but still managed to get a double double!

Rudy Gay was amazing in this game as he scored 31 points tonight. There is a lot of speculation on whether or not Rudy will stay in Sacramento next season. I sure hope he does!

The Kings Dancers put on a show tonight with some very special costumes. They looked great and performed beautifully on the court. They should bust these out more often!

There were two up-close shots that I really liked tonight. The first one is of Semaj in her blue/purple costume. She looks great... almost like she's going to do a some martial arts.

And the other up-close shot is of Corina. She's sporting the black costume, and she definitely is getting fierce as she does her moves for the Kings fans.

Vivek's daughter Anjali performed at halftime with the SKD. There was a moment when she pulled Vivek onto the court with her to dance! It was a very nice moment and performance that I think everyone enjoyed greatly. More of this please! Also, I ran into Morgan Ragan from KHTK as I was taking photos. That was pretty cool in and of itself!

I just had to include this pic. Our section had a competitor in the tricycle races tonight... and HE WON!!! Our entire section got free tacos. I think we were supposed to get free chicken nuggets... but I'll take tacos any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment